I have always told my clients that I will never promote any type of supplement unless I try it myself. Therefore, I have fallen in love with these top 5 supplements that I find not only vital for overall health and well-being but they just make you feel darn good! 🙂
Here you go….
1. Spectrum, Barlean’s or any high quality flax oil. I went to Whole Foods and asked the lady, “Do we get the same nutritional benefits of using flax vs. fish since they are both high in Omega-3’s?” Her answer was yes. She said the only difference is the taste. Many of us, including myself hate that after taste of the fishy flavors so that’s why I went with the flax. Again, you can get either but I tend to like the Flax since it doesn’t leave that fishy after taste.
Flax has not only proven to be effective for proper brain function and sports performance but it also helps battle depression. I can honestly tell you that when I take this stuff I feel 100% better. No doubt in my mind this stuff works!!
2. Green Vibrance. Can I please just tell you how much I love this stuff? I’m telling you, as an athlete I swear by this stuff and definitely think it helps with my performance on the bike. I have more energy, less lactic burn and more speed and I know it has to do with this supplement. I have to be honest and say it doesn’t taste the best so I normally put it in orange juice (you have to mix it really well or it gets clumpy) or in my smoothies. I promise it’s worth it! I have tried several other “green-type” supplements and I think this one is the best out there. It has also helped with my digestion and I have regular trips to the bathroom. Just don’t drink it before a date!! 😉 Try it!! You can find this at any health food store or local Whole Foods.
3. A high quality probiotic. There are several out there but I tend to like this one for two reasons: 1. It doesn’t have to be refrigerated and 2. I found it has the highest number of healthy bacterias on the market. (over 5 billion!). So why do I suggest this? First off, it’s a necessity for a healthy digestive track and also helps with constipation and immune health.
4. Vitamin D. Believe it or not 96% of the population is deficicent in Vitamin D. Yes we can get it from the sun in 15 minutes but what about in the winter time? This pill will also save your skin from the UV rays anyway! VD is very important for bone health, immune efficiency and mental alertness to name a few. You don’t have to buy the kind I am showing below but I do suggest getting a good quality one.
5. Organic Hemp Protein. I have numerous clients ask me what they should have after they workout. If you are unable to get access to real food (eggs, peanut butter, cottage cheese) I highly suggest this protein. I bought a shaker and put hemp, almond milk and green vibrance and shake well. Boom. Done and it absorbs into your muscles and blood stream. Why do I suggest this protein? There are a few reasons. Take an average protein supplement and look at the ingrediants. Can you pronounce half of those ingrediants? I’m not going to name any brands but take a look at the ingrediants from a very well known protein shake. Again, please tell me…why are there SO many ingredients in this? Unreal to me. Do you really want this crap in your body? If you look at the back of the Hemp Protein it has 1 ingredient. Organic Hemp Protein. 1 ingredient!!
MyoPro (unique blend of whey-protein concentrate from specially filtered and ion-exchanged whey protein, calcium caseinate, milk-protein isolate, taurine, L-glutamine, sodium caseinate, egg albumin, and alpha-ketoglutaric acid [AKG]), calcium caseinate, corn syrup solids, maltodextrin, cocoa, oat fiber, vitamin and mineral blend (dipotassium phosphate, potassium chloride, magnesium oxide, choline bitartrate, disodium, phosphate, beta carotene, dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate, potassium citrate, ascorbic acid, ferrouse fumarate, manganese gluconate, biotin, tricalcium phosphate, niacinamide, zinc oxide, d-calcium pantothenate, vitamin a palmitate, copper sulfate, chromium citrate, cyanacobalamin, selenium amino acid chelate, molybdenum amino acid, chelate, folic acid, pryidoxine, hdrochloride, riboflavin, thiamine, hydrochloride and potassium iodide, sunflower oil, natural and artificial flavors, salt, sucralose, mono and diglycerides, medium chain tryglycerides and soy lecithin.